Online Italian Teachers (Adult Students)
Are you passionate about teaching Italian as a foreign language?
We are calling on all passionate Italian teachers!
Work from the comfort of your own home!
We pride ourselves on guaranteeing our clients excellent Italian lessons through the best teachers.
Do you have what it takes to be the best? Join our team of experienced educators, delivering live teaching lessons for our global client base.
An opportunity with us also includes:
- EASY ONBOARDING & TRAINING: We will help you every step of the way with advice and training to allow you to be confident in setting yourself up to be a GREAT teacher from lesson one.
- WORK FROM HOME: No more commuting! Do truly inspiring work and have the right work-life balance that suits you.
- EXPLORE THE WORLD: Meet students from across the globe and explore their cultures from the comfort of your home.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our Inspiration Academy has free courses available to all, in various fields of study, to aid your professional growth at your pace.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Through our Evolve Program, you can enjoy wellness, fun, and community events, from the comfort of your own home.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Work from home
- Scheduling: Teachers enjoy part-time or full-time, hourly schedules. Minimum of 10 peak hours required per week – 10 AM to 11 PM EST (Miami, USA) Mon-Sat
- Students: You will teach adult students (private and group classes)
- Remuneration: Set base rate from 7 USD per hour
- Training: Training and ongoing professional development throughout the contract
- You will be contracted by The Really Great Teacher Company as an Independent Service Provider
What is needed?
- Native or native-like Italian speaker
- Must have a minimum of 1 year’s prior experience of teaching Italian as a second language, online experience preferred
- Must hold a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in any field however, a degree in Linguistics, Education, Italian, Modern Languages, or Literature, is preferred
- Must be native or native-like Italian speaker with conversational English skills, able to clearly communicate orally and in writing with our Support Team
- General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of professionalism
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Effective at problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Patient and outgoing
- Must provide ten (10) hours minimum of availability each week
- Highly computer literate
- No criminal record
- Excellent timekeeping and punctuality
- A quiet, clean, tidy, and well-lit teaching environment
- All hardware and technical requirements as detailed below
- PC specifications
- Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5 CPU @2.0GHz (4 CPUs) or greater
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
- Backup power
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with a battery life up to 4-5 hours (2000VA) (or willing to purchase before commencing teaching). This is applicable and a non-negotiable requirement for candidates based in a country where regular power interruptions occur.
- A stable fibre internet connection
- At a minimum of 20 Mbps upload and download speeds
- PC is connected via a LAN cable and not via a Wi-Fi connection
- Noise-cancelling headsets and HD web camera. Back-up headset is highly recommended
- Tidy, well-lit, and quiet teaching environment