Online Italian Teachers (Guaranteed Hours, Adult Students)
Interested to teach Italian as a second language?
Student Level : Adults
Job Type : Contractor
ARE YOU A PASSIONATE AND EXPERIENCED ONLINE ITALIAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHER?
Let The Really Great Teacher Company (TRGTC) support your personal and professional growth on your journey to influence students through teaching Italian.
An opportunity with us also includes:
- EASY ONBOARDING & TRAINING: We will help you every step of the way with advice and training to allow you to be confident in setting yourself up to be a GREAT teacher from lesson one.
- WORK FROM HOME: No more commuting! Do truly inspiring work and have the right work-life balance that suits you.
- EXPLORE THE WORLD: Meet students from across the globe and explore their cultures from the comfort of your home.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our Inspiration Academy has free courses available to all, in various fields of study, to aid your professional growth at your pace.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Through our Evolve Program, you can enjoy wellness, fun, and community events, from the comfort of your own home.
- Minimum 1 year Italian teaching experience, preferably online
- Near native Italian speaker
- You are a TRGTC culture fit
- Your values are aligned with ours
- You are an experienced teacher who wants to work with foreign students
- You have the ability to make learning fun and bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
- You want to pass on your knowledge to new students
- You are highly motivated and passionate about interacting with people and imparting knowledge
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Work from home
- Scheduling: Teachers enjoy part-time or full-time, hourly schedules. Minimum of 10 peak hours required per week – 10 AM to 11 PM EST (Miami, USA) Mon-Sun
- Students: You will teach adult students (private and group classes)
- Training: Training and ongoing professional development throughout the contract
- You will be contracted by The Really Great Teacher Company as an Independent Service Provider
- Near native Italian speaker
- Must have a minimum of 1 year’s prior experience of teaching Italian as a second language, online experience preferred
- Must hold a DITALS or equivalent or is currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, Italian, Modern Languages or Literatures, or related field
- Must be bilingual; a near native Italian speaker with English skills, able to clearly communicate orally and in writing with our Support Team
- General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of professionalism
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Effective at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Patient and outgoing
- Must provide ten (10) hours minimum of availability each week
- Highly computer literate
- No criminal record
- Excellent timekeeping and punctuality
- A quiet, clean, tidy, and well-lit teaching environment
- All hardware and technical requirements as detailed below
- PC specifications
- Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5 CPU @2.40GHz (4 CPUs) or greater
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
- Backup power
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with a battery life up to 4-5 hours (2000VA) (or willing to purchase before commencing teaching) If you are located in an area where power outages are a regular occurrence
- A stable fibre internet connection
- At a minimum of 20 Mbps upload and download speeds
- PC is connected via a LAN cable and not via a Wi-Fi connection
- Noise-cancelling headsets and HD web camera. Back-up headset highly recommended
- Tidy, well-lit, and quiet teaching environment