Portuguese Speaking Online English Teachers (Guaranteed Hours, Adult Students)
Are you fluent in conversational Portuguese and passionate about teaching?
Student Level : Adults
Job Type : Contractor
ARE YOU A PASSIONATE AND EXPERIENCED ONLINE ENGLISH TEACHER?
A great opportunity awaits your application to enhance the business English of working professionals!
An opportunity with us also includes:
- EASY ONBOARDING & TRAINING: We will help you every step of the way with advice and training to allow you to be confident in setting yourself up to be a GREAT teacher from lesson one.
- WORK FROM HOME: No more commuting! Do truly inspiring work and have the right work-life balance that suits you.
- EXPLORE THE WORLD: Meet students from across the globe and explore their cultures from the comfort of your home.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our Inspiration Academy has free courses available to all, in various fields of study, to aid your professional growth at your pace.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Through our Evolve Program, you can enjoy wellness, fun, and community events, from the comfort of your own home.
- 1 year experience as an Online English Teacher
- Fluent in conversational Portuguese
- You are a TRGTC culture fit
- Your values are aligned with ours
- You are an experienced teacher who wants to work with foreign students
- You have the ability to make learning fun and bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
- You want to pass on your knowledge to new students
- You are highly motivated and passionate about interacting with people and imparting knowledge
- You have a desire to teach English
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Work from home
- Scheduling: Teachers enjoy part-time, hourly schedules. Academic support is needed seven days a week, 24 hours each day, thus a variety of availabilities can be accommodated. You will be leading small group classes and private classes as well as providing feedback on student work.
- Students: You will teach adult students
- Remuneration: 7.5 USD per hour
- Training: Training and ongoing professional development throughout the contract
- You will be contracted by The Really Great Teacher Company as an Independent Service Provider
- Must have prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred
- Conversational Portuguese as a second language
- TESOL, TEFL, CELTA or equivalent
- General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Familiarity with ESL assessments, with the ability to evaluate and create assessments
- Must be able to communicate in English both clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Must provide ten (10) hours minimum of availability each week (including five (5) peak time hours)
- Highly computer literate
- No criminal record
- Great communication skills
- Excellent timekeeping and punctuality
- A quiet, clean, tidy, and well-lit teaching environment
- All hardware and technical requirements as detailed below
- Currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, English, Modern Languages or Literatures, or related field
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5 CPU @2.40GHz (4 CPUs) or greater
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with a battery life up to 4-5 hours (2000VA) (or willing to purchase before commencing teaching) If you are located in an area where power outages are a regular occurrence
A stable fibre internet connection
- At a minimum of 10 Mbps upload and download speeds
- PC is connected via a LAN cable and not via a Wi-Fi connection
Noise-cancelling headsets and HD web camera
- Back-up headset highly recommended
Tidy, well-lit, and quiet teaching environment