South African Social Media Content Creator for Teaching EFL
Hello, Academic Content Specialists!
We have some exciting news to share with you. We're currently on the lookout for a Content Writer and Creator. If you're seeking a fantastic opportunity to work part-time from the comfort of your own home and earn some extra income online, you're in the right place! If you're passionate about social media, enjoy teaching, and want to make a positive impact on people's lives through engaging educational content, this position could be your perfect fit.
We're in search of a dynamic English Teacher who is not only friendly, fun, and enthusiastic but also feels at ease in front of a camera. You'll be an integral part of our team, participating in live social media sessions, creating engaging recorded videos, and producing content for static posts. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Crafting engaging content to produce a minimum of 5 short videos every week.
- Reading and recording promotional scripts provided by our marketing team for use in campaigns or sales efforts.
- Developing product videos that showcase the benefits of our platform, with a focus on exploring one feature per week. These videos will be utilized across our paid and organic platforms.
- Engaging with our audience through stories and Q&A sessions (Live).
- Providing voiceovers for posts, including pronunciation and vocabulary content, where English audio is required.
- English first language speaker.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is advantageous but not required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's degree in education, foreign language teaching, English language and linguistics, or a related field is preferred.
- Possession of a Teaching English as a Foreign Language certificate (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.) with courses of 120+ hours and practicum experience is required.
- Previous experience teaching and creating English learning and/or promotional content.
- A minimum of 4 years of prior teaching experience, preferably as a second language, with online teaching experience being a plus.
- Exceptional editing skills in American English, covering grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in applying the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) to instructional materials.
- Comfort in front of a camera, a friendly disposition, and the ability to answer grammar questions on the spot.
- A high degree of professionalism and a knack for creativity, innovation, and delivering concepts effectively through videos.
- Basic familiarity with short-form online video platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook.
- A passion for teaching and creating engaging, educational, and storytelling videos.
- Dedication, consistency, and a commitment to producing high-quality video lessons regularly.
- Self-starting and excellent communication skills with a knack for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the willingness to seek assistance when necessary.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- PC specifications: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU @2.0GHz (4 CPUs) or better, with 8GB RAM or greater.
- Must have an iPhone, as some videos will be recorded using the phone camera.
- Backup power: Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with a battery life of 4-5 hours (2000VA) or a willingness to acquire one, especially if you are in a location prone to regular power interruptions.
- A stable fibre internet connection, offering a minimum of 20 Mbps upload and download speeds, connected via LAN cable (not Wi-Fi).
- Noise-cancelling headsets and an HD web camera (720p), with a backup headset recommended.
- A well-organized, well-lit, and noise-free recording environment.