Portuguese Speaking Online English Teacher (Adult Students)
Are you fluent in conversational Portuguese and passionate about teaching?
ARE YOU A PASSIONATE ONLINE ENGLISH TEACHER THAT IS ALSO FLUENT IN CONVERSATIONAL PORTUGUESE?
A great opportunity awaits your application to enhance the business English of working professionals!
An opportunity with us also includes:
- EASY ONBOARDING & TRAINING: We will help you every step of the way with advice and training to allow you to be confident in setting yourself up to be a GREAT teacher from lesson one.
- WORK FROM HOME: No more commuting! Do truly inspiring work and have the right work-life balance that suits you.
- EXPLORE THE WORLD: Meet students from across the globe and explore their cultures from the comfort of your home.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our Inspiration Academy has free courses available to all, in various fields of study, to aid your professional growth at your pace.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Through our Evolve Program, you can enjoy wellness, fun, and community events, from the comfort of your own home.
- 1 year experience as an Online English Teacher/Tutor
- Fluent in conversational Portuguese
- You are a culture fit
- Your values are aligned with ours
- You are an experienced teacher who wants to work with foreign students
- You have the ability to make learning fun and bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
- You want to pass on your knowledge to new students
- You are highly motivated and passionate about interacting with people and imparting knowledge
- You have a desire to teach English
- Start Date:
- Work from home
- Teachers enjoy part-time, hourly schedules. Academic support is needed seven days a week, 24 hours each day, thus a variety of availabilities can be accommodated. You will be leading small group classes and private classes as well as providing feedback on student work.
- You will teach adult students
- Set base rate of 7.5 - 8 USD per hour
- Training and ongoing professional development throughout the contract
- Contract type:
- You will be contracted by The Really Great Teacher Company as an Independent Service Provider
What is needed?
- Must have prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred
- Fluent in conversational Portuguese as a second language
- Completed, accredited 120-hour TEFL, TESOL, CELTA or equivalent
- General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Familiarity with ESL assessments, with the ability to evaluate and create assessments
- Must be able to communicate in English both clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Must provide ten (10) hours minimum of availability each week (including five (5) peak time hours). Peak hours are Monday through Friday, between 6:00pm ET and 1:00am ET
- Highly computer literate
- No criminal record
- Great communication skills
- Excellent timekeeping and punctuality
- Currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, English, Modern Languages or Literatures, or related field
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- PC specifications:
- Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5 CPU @2.40GHz (4 CPUs) or greater
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
- Backup power:
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with a battery life up to 4-5 hours (2000VA) (or willing to purchase before commencing teaching). This is applicable and a non-negotiable requirement for candidates based in a country where regular power interruptions occur.
- A stable fibre internet connection:
- At a minimum of 10 Mbps upload and download speeds
- PC is connected via a LAN cable and not via a Wi-Fi connection
- Noise-cancelling headsets and HD web camera.
- Back-up headset highly recommended
- Tidy, well-lit, and quiet teaching environment